Wednesday 25 September 2013

Shadow Side

I've noticed of late how humans will shrug off , hide or do their very best to ignore what some call their "shadow side". My own feeling is that to be free, to feel whole and vital we need to embrace all that we are, accept where we have come from along with our dreams for the future. The sooner we find a way to do this the sooner we find a way to full emotional wellness. I recently can across these wonderful poems from a mermaid (okay her real name is Charlene Hickey) this is her blog  http://www.mermaidwings.blogspot.co.uk/
I'm really enjoying how she expresses the human condition with all of its wonderful facets.

Here are two of her recent poems.... enjoy!

'Something happened yesterday and I had to stop and think,
A song came on the radio, so many times I've heard that voice sing,
It reminded me of a past time, one that would make me cry,
Yet I couldn't turn it off and so I asked myself 'why'?
Why would I do something that I knew would cause me pain?
When I could simply change the station and be in the new paradigm again,
Why would I choose pain when it feels so good to be in my bliss?
What is it that pulls me back? What do I think I'll miss?
My Shadow whispered shyly, 'We're scared that the memories will dissolve'
In this time of evolution where the planet will evolve,
Will you forget all the struggle? The determination, the emotion, the drive?
Will you forget the things that brought you to the place where you now thrive?
Those memories are so painful it's true,
But they remind you of the struggle through,
The time when you did your very best, even if that meant just staying alive,
When there were times you could have given up and just let your body die,
They remind you of the golden flickers of hope, they remind you of the 'Call',
The knowing that there was more than this, no matter how many times you'd fall,
So you see', my Shadow whispered, 'I have much love for those difficult times, 
And so even though it seems crazy, I like to do things that bring the memories back once in a while'.
Then my Heart spoke back gently 'I understand Dear Shadow Self,
But I want to be happy, I want to be in good health,
Holding on so tight to those memories causes discomfort and dis-ease,
I want my energy to flow free,
I promise you Dear Shadow that I'll never forget the work you've done,
I'll never forget the times where suffering was also mixed up with fun,
It's all served it's purpose,  and for the experience I am glad,
So let us find a way to let go and still remember but without feeling sad,
For every sad memory I'm dedicating a star,
And I'll send it up with Love to the cosmos afar,
Out there they can live and out there they can shine,
Any negativity turned into Divine,
If I like I can watch them burn out in space
I can watch them shoot across the sky and return to Grace,
Or I can gaze at them twinkling eternally,
Reminding me of my amazing journey,
And fear not Dear Shadow, even if I can't look up to the sky,
The whole of the cosmos lives within me,
So every single star stays inside'.


'Make friends with Life'

Life wants to be enjoyed,
It so wants to play with you,
It wants you to be happy,
And do whatever you want to do.

It smiles from ear to ear,
When you listen to your heart,
And helps you to find a way,
To achieve whatever it is you start.

Life walks with you in the woodlands,
It loves to swim with you in the sea,
It holds your hand on moonlit nights,
And loves you endlessly.

Life wants you to be curious,
It wants to go and explore,
All the secret hidden places,
Where no one's been before.

Because that's where the magic lives,
In the adventures yet to be told,
Make friends with life and watch,
How quickly your freedom then unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment